Job Title: Installation Technician
Pay Rate: $12.50-$15.00 / hour
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Located in Jacksonville, FL, FreedomVanGo is looking for team members that want to work hard, have fun and enjoy a rapidly growing company with a fantastic upside in the Adventure Van Industry! Willing to train in all areas for the right candidate that has a passion for quality, possesses a strong work ethic, long term mindset with exemplary character.
As an Installation Technician, a successful candidate will assist in the build phase of custom van creation. Under guidance, this position includes but is not limited to; installation of various interior and exterior components, light metal fabrication, electrical systems, wood working and plumbing. Excellent opportunity to learn the world of custom automotive, participate in special events and grow your skill set.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: included but not limited to
Electrical System Competency preferred:
- Battery Systems
Welding Aluminum and Steel Preferred:
- Bed Frames
- Cabinetry Frames
- Brackets/ Mounting Components
Other Light Manufacturing Skills Such as:
- Wood Working
- Panel Fabrication
Exterior Component Installation
- Roof Racks
- Suspension Modifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following skills:
- Able to consistently arrive to work, meetings, and appointments on time.
- Able to adapt to expected and unexpected changes in the work environment
Mastery of Communication:
- Able to speak clearly and persuasively, effectively present information, listen carefully, and respond accordingly, participate in meetings, and read and interpret information.
Professionalism and Positive Ethical Conduct:
- Approach others in a tactful and respectful manner, and display sound and accurate judgement. Keep commitments, work with integrity, and uphold organizational values.
- Follow instructions, respond to management directions, take ownership for personal actions, uphold commitments, and complete tasks on time. Constantly try to increase productivity and response time.
Adherence to Safety Guidelines:
- Observe safety and security procedures, determine appropriate action beyond guidelines, report unsafe conditions and use equipment and materials in a safe and proper manner.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must meet the following qualifications. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Education and Experience:
- Technical degree preferred in automotive and/or welding… lets put that education to work! Experience… bring it!
- Employees must be suitably attired and groomed during work hours, or while representing the company. Shop attire acceptable.. we’ll even hook you up with t-shirts, shop shirts, and hats!
Background and Drug Test:
- Must be able to pass a background check and drug test